Friday 29 December 2017

Noro Mossa #16 and Tailored Strands mango alpaca hand-woven scarves

Oopps, have I got my seasons wrong?  In trying to clear out my stock of Noro Mossa yarns I realise that I have hand-woven scarves in Autumn colours.  But Autumn follows Summer so may not be too bad!
I have used a Tailored Strands 100% Australian alpaca yarn, coloured mango, as the warp and the Noro Mossa #16 yarn (52 wool, 16 viscose, 11 mohair, 11 silk, 10 nylon) as the weft.  In the two patterns used the mango warp winds its way along through the various striped autumn colours in the weft.  They look warm and these bulky feeling scarves, with their various textures and specks of colour, will certainly keep you warm.  One is 1730mm x 200mm and weighs 166g whilst the second is 1860mm x 200mm and weighs 177g.
See them soon at Aspects of Kings Park or The Artisan Store Fremantle depending upon stock movements.






No comments: