Thursday 20 April 2017

Back to Noro Mossa scarves

After my adventures with leftover cashmere yarns and a long holiday I have gotten around to weaving again.
I need to build up my stock of Noro Mossa scarves so have taken yarn #16 in this range and woven it  on a mango coloured Australian alpaca yarn.  The Noro Mossa yarn, comprising 52% wool, 16% viscose, 11% mohair, 11% silk and 10% nylon, gives an interesting texture with colourful specks together with Noro's characteristic multi-coloured stripping.  The mango coloured warp lightens up the otherwise dark colours in the Noro yarn resulting in a warm looking and warm feeling scarf for those winter days.  And to make things interesting I wove two scarves on the same warp but with different patterns.  Both scarves are nominally 1800mm x 210mm and weighs 166g.
See them soon at Aspects of Kings Park or The Artisan Store Fremantle.






No comments: