Wednesday 11 February 2015

Multicoloured striped hand-woven cashmere scarves

After weaving a large number of cashmere scarves I had accumulated a lot of left over hand-dyed yarns.  To clear these left-overs I have planned and woven two scarves.  The result is two very colourful, soft and lightweight scarves.
The first is orange, tan and astor blue with a plum coloured weft and is 1800mm x 200mm and weighs 64g.



The second has eleven different colours in the warp with a Daintree (green) weft.  It is 1770mm x 215mm and weighs 71g.



My question to you is which do you prefer.  An orderly arrangement of stripes or a random arrangement?  As a scientist in my earlier life I like order, but my artistic friends like disorder.  Which are you?
Both scarves will be on my stall at Perth Upmarket to be held at UWA on Sunday 1 March, or at Aspects of Kings Park or The Artisan Store Fremantle depending upon stock movement.

No comments: