Thursday 30 January 2014

One natural, one dyed handwoven alpaca scarves

To complete my four-week house sitting weaving project I also wove two alpaca scarves.  I used natural white coloured alpaca yarn from Shamwani Alpaca, weaving one in the natural white whilst hand-dying the second Quarry (a colour in the Landscape range of dyes).  The yarn was almost 8-ply so from my 200g of yarn for each scarf the scarves were shorter than usual being nominally 1500mm x 200mm and weighing 160g.  The pattern of the natural white scarf is different on the two sides.  Despite their bulky appearance they are both very soft to touch and being in neutral colours are suitable for both male and female wearers.




The grey one is already in Aspects of Kings Park whilst the white one will probably be on my stall at Perth Upmarket on Sunday 9 March at UWA.

No comments: