Friday 5 April 2013

Noro Cotton Hill featured fabric

My stall at the Perth Upmarket has expanded from my initial offerring of hand-woven scarves to now include unique garments fashioned and made by Hiroko from our hand-woven fabrics.  Her garments have had great success at Upmarket and so as to renew her stock I have recently woven more fabrics for her from which she made more items.  I have shown these fashion items in recent blogs.




I have now hand-woven a new fabric using Noro Cotton Hill yarn (60%cotton/14%silk/14% kid mohair/12% wool) as the weft and alternate strands of Deborah yarn (65% viscose/35% cotton) and Yeoman Yarn Sport yarn coloured charcoal (100% wool) as the warp.  It makes a very interesting bolt of material and is 1900mm x 430mm and weighs 306g.



I will show you the fashioned garment in a later blog.

No comments: