Wednesday 30 January 2013

Handwoven claret and mid-grey Tailored Strands alpaca

I completed the weaving of these two scarves over a week ago but have not yet got around to  finishing them.  The fringes need to be twisted and the scarves washed.  They have been handwoven using claret and mid-grey 4-ply Tailored Strands alpaca yarns sourced from Alpaca Plus in Henley Brook.
In the unwashed condition the scarves are 1850mm x 225mm and weigh 142g so they will  be slightly smaller once washed.
The reason I have not finished these two scarves is that I have started handweaving an interesting 4m bolt of fabric to be made into a garment.  The following photos show the material on the loom.  It is slow going as I am using two or three different colours of Noro Silk Garden yarns on the same weft.

I will show you the finished garment in due course.

No comments: