Saturday 10 September 2011

4 Japanese cottons

I was recently given 100g each of four cotton yarns brought to Australia by a Japanese friend. Each yarn was quite different and so four interesting, summer-weight, scarves have resulted.
The first is a Masterseed Cotton Print yarn which I used for both the warp and the weft. A short, narrow scarf 1240mm x 140mm weighing 78g has resulted.In the second scarf I used the three-tone white/fawn Japanese cotton yarn as the warp and a plain white cotton yarn as the weft. The resultant scarf is 1450mm x 200mm and weighs 141g.The third yarn was pink with some gold flecks which I used as the warp. A thin pink cotton yarn was used as the weft simply to tie the warp strands together. I put a narrow gold line in the scarf to complement the all over gold fleck. The scarf is 1500mm x 200mm and weighs 96g.Finally the fourth yarn was a pale blue cotton ribbon which I used as the warp, with a thin blue cotton yarn as the weft to tie the warp strands together. The scarf is 1670mm x 215mm and weighs 90g.The four scarves will be on sale on my stall at Perth Upmarket on the 2 October at UWA.

No comments: