Wednesday 19 January 2011

Italian alpaca

On a recent visit to Rome in Nov'10 I purchased 200g each of 6 different coloured Lane Borgosesia alpaca yarns. It was not until I commenced weaving the first ball of the yarn that I discovered it was 45% alpaca, 35% merino and 20% acrylic. Despite this disappointment I have now completed the first two scarves using the green and fawn yarns in patterns similar to my last two scarves. I must admit I prefer the two scarves using the natural coloured WA 100% alpaca yarns from Shamwani, but will wait to see the public's reaction.
The first scarf is 1560mm x 220mm and weighs 143g.
The second scarf is 1540mm x 220mm and weighs 144g.
I will keep both scarves for the Perth Upmarket on 20 March if I am successful in being allocated a stall position.

No comments: